-piece of wood
-Gel Medium, printed quote on computer paper, washcloth (optional)
-wall hangers (optional)
Before you start:
• Print out your desired photo.
• If you want to add a quote, type out your text and print it out under MIRROR image so the text is reversed.
1. Select your preferred size piece of wood. You can find a scrap piece at the hardware store, or you can purchase one from a craft store. I’ve done both and either one works great! It just depends on the look you’re going for.
2. (optional) If you want to stain your wood for a more finished look, it looks great as well!
3. Size your photo to fit the wood. I’ve used both photo paper and printer paper. I prefer photo paper, but you can make printer paper work too.
4. Take your Mod Podge and brush. Spread the Mod Podge along the back side of your photo and careful place it on the wood.
*Be careful to lay the photo on flat with NO air bubbles. Smooth out all
air bubbles so it dries clean and does not have any ripples in the photo.
5. (optional) Take your printed REVERSED text and cut off excess paper around the text. Spread Gel Medium on the front of the paper where the text is and lay the paper facedown on the wood. Spread another layer of Gel Medium on top. Let dry.
6. Once the photo feels dry, spread another layer of Mod Podge over top of the photo to give it a finished look. You can do 2 layers of this if you would like.
*The Modge Podge goes on white, but dries clear so don’t be scared!
7. Let everything dry over night.
8. Finally, if you chose to put text on your wood, take a damp washcloth and rub off the white computer paper from on top of your quote. MAKE SURE THE WASHCLOTH IS WET! It should leave only the text on the wood.